Saturday, January 14, 2012

Nearly There...

Getting married presents such a strange dichotomy of emotions. On the one hand, you simply CANNOT wait to become one with the love of your life. You can't wait to be a part of everything in his world, to share each day with him. On the other hand, you realize you're leaving home for good.

Over this last year, I've been from my home-state to New York, to Colorado, back to my home-state, to Manitoba, Canada, and back home again. All told, I spent half the year away from home. But each trip was only weeks or months long at most. I always came home. Always unpacked. Always remained a Peterson.

But now I'm packing up for good. My last name is about to change. I'll not be returning home to live with my family. From now on nothing will be the same. So much has changed for me in the last year. A season in life comes to a close. Yet another one springs up in its place fresh and new and full of life. Its a very tender bud in need of shelter and care - that's what my first year of marriage will be about. God willing this young shoot will grow up into something sturdy and ground breaking as my lover and I cultivate what God has gifted us.

May God take the mistakes we've made and the one's we'll make and use them for His glory. May He grow us and change us into a team that will impact the world for Him.

13 more days....

No comments: