Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Yes the Blog has Changed...Again!!

If I have any followers left, you will see that my blog has changed for the 3rd...or is it 4th?...time since it began. I am now married and living in the yellow house I worked on last summer before life changed so dramatically. Before I became a working wife, homemaker, and a very determined entrepreneur.

My goal is to be working entirely from home by the time my first child is born (which may be a long ways off). With a hubby who still has 2 years of school left to finish, this may be rather difficult to accomplish. Thanks to an AWESOME boss, I am now working from home 2x a week and working outside the home part time. I am doing my best to live frugally, cook healthy (and cheaply) and work towards ridding my home of chemical cleaners and the like. The fun part (dun da dun) will be sharing my efforts with you! Here is my first try:



Super Yummy Country White Bread

Cost: Under $3.00
Makes: 2 good sized loaves

2 T yeast
2 C warm water
1/2 C sugar
2 Eggs
1/4 C oil
1 T Salt
6 1/2 - 7 C Flour

Combine water and yeast and allow to dissolve. Add sugar, salt, eggs, oil, and 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add more flour until mixture is sticky, but smooth. Not dry. Then knead on floured surface and put into greased bowl with a damp towel over top in the oven on low. Let rise 1 hour. Shape into 2 loaves and place into greased loaf pans and let rise another hour. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Miss Hatcher said...

Ooh, this bread looks so good! I've been trying to find simple, delicious bread recipes as of late. I need to try this!